Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Random Post 2

I know it is a week later but I keep comming across the ditto sheet that Dr. Bogad handed out to us. I remember the feeling I got when she handed them out and started to explain what to do. The more and more she explained and the more and more I read the sheet I thought it was a test. It seemed like she did not think we read the article like we were suppost to and now wanted to show us that we better do what she tells us. My nerves were sky high and I am not usually like that. I mean I read the article but was certainly not ready to take a test on it. I was ready to count off and get into groups and explain bits and pieces of it. When we were told to stop I still had two questions that I had yet to answer. Then Dr. Bogad asked us how we felt about the hand out and I knew something was up.

She told us that we should never put up with worksheets as classwork. Dr. Bogad crinkled the paper up into a ball and tossed it away and said that is what we should do when we are handed one of those. We should stick up for ourselves and say that we are offended by the worksheet. As college students we are more intelligent than doing worksheets and we should not have to do them. When Dr. Bogad crinkled the paper up and threw it to the side I was taken back a little by her reaction to the ditto sheet. But, as I kept listening to her reasoning I thought "Wow! that is so true." Who wants to do worksheets every day and feel like how I felt.

I can not imagine being given worksheets every single day. I do not think I would be able to put up with that. Some kids actually are given these ditto sheets every or most of the days. Can you imagine how that class must be? Wouldn't you dread going to that period every single day? Is that a good learning environment when each student knows that they are just going to be given a worksheet? I feel bad for those kids who are given worksheets for every lesson they have. That ditto sheet really affected me and made me think about every worksheet I am given.

1 comment: